- 2 large or 3 small sweet potatoes
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup raw pecans
- 1tbs butter
- 1 medium onion
- 3 large celery stalks
- 1lb chicken breakfast sausage
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped sage
- 1 tbs fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 organic eggs
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Skin and cube the sweet potatoes. Place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with coconut oil and coat evenly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes and flip them over. Bake for another 15 minutes until browned. Set them aside in a baking dish.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking chop the pecans and place on a cookie sheet and toast for 5 min.
- Melt the butter in a pan and sauté the onions and celery until soft. Add the sausage until cooked through. Add the sage, thyme and wine. Cook the wine down for a few minutes, and then add the mixture to the baking dish with your sweet potatoes.
- Whisk the eggs and add to the mixture. Combine your ingredients evenly and pour the chicken stock on top. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 min. Uncover and bake at 400 degrees for another 20 minutes until brown on the edges.