- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1 1/4 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 ounces Lily’s Stevia Chips
- 1 1/2 cup Xylitol
- 2 1/2 cups certified gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 organic eggs, at room temperature, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, xanthan gum, baking soda and salt. Place the chocolate chips in a medium-sized bowl, add one tablespoon of the whisked dry ingredients, and toss the chips to coat them evenly. Set the chips aside.
- Whisk the sugars into the large bowl of dry ingredients. Add the oats, and stir to combine well. Add the butter, and mix until combined. Add the beaten eggs and vanilla, and mix until the dough comes together. It will be very thick, and a bit difficult to stir. Add the chocolate chips and reserved dry ingredients to the dough, and mix to distribute the chips evenly throughout.
Divide the dough into 24 equal pieces, each about the size of a golf ball, on the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Place the baking sheets in the freezer until firm, about 15 minutes. Once chilled, place the baking sheet in the center of the preheated oven, and bake for about 12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown all over (and a bit browner around the edges). The cookies will still be soft to the touch. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet until firm (about 10 minutes). Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.