- 1/2 cup Liquid Coco-Aminos (gluten-free and Organic)
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Brown Coconut Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Oyster or Fish Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut or Avocado Oil
- 6 whole Organic Free-Range Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs, Cut Into Small Cubes
- Kosher Salt To Taste
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Ginger
- 1 whole Yellow or Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 2 cups cut 2” Green Beans
- 1/4 cup Chicken Broth or water
- 2 Tablespoons Arrow Root Powder
- 1/2 cup Drained Canned Water Chestnuts, Coarsley Chopped
- 1 cup Unsalted, Raw Cashews
- 2 whole Green Onions, Thinly Sliced
- Cooked Brown Rice Or Brown Rice Noodles, For Serving
In a bowl, mix together the aminos sauce, vinegar, brown coconut sugar, fish sauce, and sesame oil. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat and add the chicken in a single layer. Sprinkle with a small amount of salt, then leave it alone for at least a couple of minutes to give the chicken a chance to brown. When the chicken has turned golden, stir it around so that it can brown on all sides. Throw in the garlic and ginger and stir to combine. Stir in the bell pepper and green beans and let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Turn the heat to medium-low and pour in the sauce mixture, then mix the arrow root powder with 1/4 cup water to make a slurry and pour it in. Stir the sauce for 1 to 2 minutes to thicken, then add the water chestnuts and cashews and stir to coat everything with the sauce, adding a splash of water if the sauce is too thick.
Finally, sprinkle on the green onions. Serve with cooked rice or noodles.