- 3 slices nitrate/nitrite free turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 ½ lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Brown turkey bacon in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add avocado oil to pan, turning to spread across pan.
- Slice stem of Brussels sprouts ¼ the way through horizontally, then all the way through vertically – creating a sort of cross through the stem while halving the entire sprout – this allows it to cook more evenly.
- Add sprouts to pan and sauté 5-7 minutes, or until they begin to soften and brown.
- Add broth, garlic, salt, & pepper. Bring broth to a bubble, and then reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook 10 minutes more, or until tender. You may need to remove excess broth when transferring to serving dish.
- Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle bacon bits on top.